SuperDewa Photography
slideshow image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 4

Welcome

I am new to blogging, so bear with me as I learn what the heck I'm doing. Until I am fully comfortable here, you will continue to find me and my photos more often on my flickr stream. Feel free to look around, leave comments, and ask me any questions. I'm open to suggestions if you play nice!

Coming Soon!

Details on buying prints and/or hiring me are in the works. In the meantime, if you would like to buy a print of one my photos or hire me to take photographs, please send me an e-mail.

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

the shape of surprise

It's time for another round of Picture Inspiration. This week's prompt was "The Shape of Surprise," or to take a photo of something interesting, perhaps a shape, in a reflection. Unlike in last week's prompt, this week we were asked to pay attention to the reflection itself -- whether the item being reflected is actually in the photo is not as important.

I noticed my kitchen faucet reflected on my wet counter and thought it fit the prompt well.  Please notice and admire that I did not crop or photoshop out the flaws in my sink, the raggedy dishcloths, or the bit of rust underneath the breadbox to the right. That's the surprise -- I know how to use my camera and my software to make my world look prettier, neater, and cleaner than it is, and I use those tools often, but I resisted them here. This is my messy kitchen. Surprise!

6 comments:

Beverly said...

these are wonderful. I have not shot for this one yet.

Craig Pennington said...

I like your raggedy dishcloths and the flaws in your sink. Gives the shot character!

Marvett Smith said...

I'm so glad you have a blog! I will visit often! Love your images.

damiec said...

doing my Sunday morning catch-up and it seems you had a pretty busy week. congratulations on this Deirdre! I think your layout is lovely.

Unknown said...

My goodness I'm not up with this blog stuff yet and didn't see your comments. Thank you so much! I have to get this figured out. I really don't see how to do flickr and blog at the same time -- one of them has to suffer.

Anonymous said...

beautiful shot ~ reminds me that everyday has magic in it :)

Post a Comment

I love feedback!

photos and life